Thursday 19 March 2009

How to install RSS_Reader ?

RSS_Reader is an extension. It must be because it says so on the MetavidWiki and on the MediaWiki wiki. The problem that I face is that it has not been packaged as an extension.

That is a shame for several reasons.
The information on the MetavidWiki says that it is "version 0.2.3". Now what if I need to run the software on a previous release. I may need "version 0.2.2" and I cannot get it because it is not in SVN.

I confess that I am not a developer. But I am quite sure that when you follow the instructions, you have something that might actually work. A developer, a real one, someone who Brion trust to submit to SVN, could then make it an extension so that I could do my "monkey see, monkey do" routine.
Thanks,
      GerardM

No comments: